Well, I figured the perfect wedding to kick this section off with would be Kassie Jackson's nuptials to Mike Lee. As it is, Mike may be one of the nicest guys I've ever met, so those of you who know Kassie, know that she married a great man.
Now, if there's one thing that Kassie's wedding drove home, it's venue, venue, venue! There I said it. Wedding photographers can make any location work, but it sure doesn't hurt when the place has probably been a photo shoot or two for some top fashion magazine. On May 25, Mike and Kassie exchanged vows at the Farmers Market in downtown Oklahoma City. Even from the outside, the gems of this old, historic building can be seen. But, once I got inside, the possibilities for photos just kept rolling. Literally every window, corner, door well, hidden bathroom and balcony held unique potential. I was like a kid in a splendid candy store.
Also, it never hurts when a bride is gorgeous. And, Kassie was. She was timeless and breath-taking. The decor of the wedding was simple, eloquent and modern.
Often times I suggest a possible photo to a bride and I saw see her concern instantly. You know, like sprawl out in that wheat field or lay down in those stairs. And, I understand their concern. After all, the dress they are in is their wedding dress. It's expensive and I totally understand the desire to preserve it. However, I can't help but ask. What if I didn't and they didn't mind doing whatever I was asking for the sake of a good photograph. Well, Kassie was every wedding photographers dream. Everything I asked, she did eagerly and excited. She wanted good photos and she's gonna get them.
With a venue full of endless photographic potential and a bride more pumped to take each shot than I was, I came out with some good work.
Without a doubt, Kassie and Mike had one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to. From the lights and Chinese lanterns cascading the ceiling to tables with crisp linens, calla lilies and candles (with which Brooke and Lyndi nearly sparked a five alarm fire) to the timeless bride and groom, it was a perfect wedding.

0 comments:

MP3 Clips